Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Birthday Weekend Blast

Picture of the Day

Three criteria for joining the Big and Rediculous Bonnaroo Sunglasses Club. Sunglasses must be worn at all times, and they must be big AND rediculous. Posted by Picasa

Quote of the Day
"Cant buy what I want because it’s free"
~Pearl Jam

Song of the Day
Beatles - Birthday

Random Fact of the Day
MSU football ticket sales exceeded 60,000 for the 4th time in history




What a crazy weekend, full of football, good food, and of course, beer. Wednesday was class from 10:20-2:40, work 3-11, then a full night of pong at Amber's place. It was fun playing some pong, Scar Matt, Smatt, Kari, Amber, Andrea, Christine, and myself played a few games, which was cool. I was just so damn tired it was tough to stay awake, but supposedly after I left, Scar Matt and Christine dominated. It was cool seeing Amber's place, complete with tiny pong room in the basement. I was so tired that I crashed out early. Thursday was a few classes and we went to B-dubs for a few drink, which was cool. After B-dubs, Christine and I headed to Jim's new house and drank a few beers out in the front yard. His house is nuts, it looks like someone's cottege with these wooden beams and shit, its pretty cool. Chilled there for a bit then headed home cuz I was so freekin' tired.

Friday my parents came up and took Kari and I out to dinner. We went to Harper's, the brewery in East Lansing, to get some good beer and a tasty burger. It was really cool to see my parents again, it had been a while, and I'm excited that my future Hippy Monkey updates will be coming from a pimp-ass laptop, whoo hoo!

After they left, we got some beer pong rolling at Kari's place. It was me, Kari, Stoner Matt, Scar Matt, Drunk Matt, Tall Paul, Christine, Ben, Parker, Kristen, Amber, and Andrea ponging it up until very very late. While we were playing, the 7 racoons that live in their back yard kept getting right next to us, picking at the ground for food, and we would need to scare them off. It was actually a little freaky, these ugly ass things creeping up to you in the dark. Racoons aside, people began leaving at around 2 or 3 in order to get some sleep before the 1st tail gate of the year, which was supposed to meet at my place, 9:30 am with your drinking shoes on. Once everyone left, however, there was still a few of us up, and we stayed up until 5ish or so, keeping the party going. I remember stumbling home drunk at 5:30 or so in the morning, freezing my ass off, and seeing people already awake and tailgating for the game. (either that or they never stopped partying from the night before)

I woke up at 9:30 am of my 22nd birthday hungover, tired, hungry, gassy, and ready to start partying because it's my birthday and our first day of FOOTBALL!! Since I was up at 9:30, just as planned, I began calling people to see who was actually awake. Pretty much everyone was still passed out (or hungover in bed) since it was 9:30 am and all. However, on football day, there is no way around it, ya gotta get up and start the party early. Ran to the beer store at 9:45ish and there was a line (that's how u know it's game day) full of people buying beer, booze, ice, coolers, kegs, pretty much the works. Got home and finally had some people begin to show up, all sleepy eyed and still feeling shitty from the night before. I had a great time partying before the game started, with Kari, Kristin, Christine, Smatt, Brendan, Scar Matt, Andrea, and Amber (did I forget anyone?) all drinking a few beers before the game. Scar Matt and Smatt had a pony keg of Oberon, which was pretty damn cool I thought. We watched TV, played Rebound, told stories of pong the night before, it was really cool seeing everybody, a great start to an amazing day. As noon came closer, we headed out to the game to watch us SLAUGHTER Kent State, it was a fun game to watch. I got real sunburnt and couldn't stop sneezing cuz of my allergies. We left the game and headed out to El Azteco, a Mexican joint that was slammed cuz it was game day. The food was mleh, and I was so out of it I spilled my beer all over Smatt, who would have said something had it not been my birthday. Crashed the fuck out after that until about 7, when Kari took me out to Champp's Bar and Grill out by the Eastwood Town Center. I got the most AMAZING burger out there, it was two 8 ounce patties with bacon and a ton of other good stuff, definetly one of the biggest burgers I've ever eaten.

On the ride home, I said, "What the hell, I'm gonna get a Keg as my birthday present to me" I called everyone up and Greg's 22nd birthday party was born. It was a lot of fun, we had Tetris in one room, games passed around, people talking, watching TV, singing along to Bohemian. Heres everyone I can remember that was there; Me, Kari, Stoner Matt, Drunk Matt, Christine, Brendan, Brendan's Chica, Andrea, Amber, Tall Heather, Jeremy, Heather's Friend, Paul, Ben, Jennifer, Jason, Jason's little brother, Jason's little brother's friend, Parker, Little Mike, Little Mikes 2 friends, Scott Scott Scott Scott Scott (he was fuckin' druuuuunk!) and some more people (IM me anyone I forgot and I'll add 'em)

It was a great time and I'm so glad everyone showed up and had a good time. As the night got later, we began a big ol' singalong with the guitar and drums rockin, it was fun. We sang OAR, Marley, Clapton, Pearl Jam, pretty much anything we could think to play. ONce 5am rolled around, it was just me, Kari, Smatt, and Amber. We chilled for a bit before finally hitting the sack at around 5:30 am.

Sunday was lazy, stayed in bed until about 4 or so. When I finally got up, I ate some food, headed to the bank, then started driving to Detroit for a FREE MEDESKI MARTIN AND WOOD SHOW! It was just me and Christine heading out, but as we got nearer, we had amassed a group that included Kari, Amber, Christine, Jamie, Chris, and James. It was a sweet show, at Detroit Jazz Fest, and the price was right. They played an hour and a half, and it was one of the most lively MMW shows I've ever been to. Got home at 11 or so, and re-iced the keg with hopes of finishing it. I called everyone I could think of, and rounded up four (yes, four) people to help finish the keg. Me, Kari, Parker, and Christine played Mario Party, and finally turned it into a drinking game officially, until about 4am or so before crashing out.

Monday I woke up at 10am and ate some french toast. Headed home feeling like shit and worked on a bit of homework, in addition to cleaning up the apartment after a long weekend of partying. I headed to work at 3 pm, very hesitant, and was pleased to see that I didn't even need to work today, they had enough people! So I came back and chilled for a bit, which included playing my guitar and harmonica at the same time since my wonderful girl picked up a harmonica holder for my birthday! (Thanks, sweetie) Last night, I crashed at around eleven to get some (much needed) sleep, woke up early this morning and finished up some homework. Back to the grind after a long and amazing weekend. :\ But on the brighter side of things, it's only 3 more days until the weekend! :)


Take care of yourself and each other

~GT

1 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi HippyMonkey,

Do you want to be VERY succesfull?

You will be dominating any market within days with our !

I only worked 1,5 months with this and it improved my Page rank, web site traffic and also enlargened my income by 2000%!

Try this, you will be happy you had a look!

Regards and lots of money!

http://www.superblogsubmitter.com

Isn't it time for you to get

Newest and most innovative

 

Post a Comment

<< Home