Friday, October 07, 2005

2 week wrap up

Picture of the Day

Jim and.. apparently Walter from The Big Lebowski? Posted by Picasa

Quote of the Day
"I pooped a hammer."
~Brick Tamland - Anchorman

Song of the Day
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young - Helplessly Hoping

Random Fact of the Day
Only one person in two billion will live to be 116 or older.



Okay, it's been a LONG time since I've had an update, sorry. I'll get some new links up later today. Alright, here it goes, from Sept. 27th

Tuesday: Went to the movies - The Brother's Grimm is the worst movie EVER

Wednesday: Chilled, did nothing

Thursday: Went to Sig Epps to see Green Screen, Dave and Dwight's band. They kicked some serious ass, covered a 311 and a Strokes song, good originals too.

Friday: Pong at Kari's place followed by the Kegger at Smatt's, Joe's, and Scar Matt's. I was trying to get to bed in decent time, because I was getting up for tailgate at 7am.

Saturday: ACUTALLY GOT UP FOR TAILGATE AT 7am! Got real drunk before the game, and was real pumped up for the game, until it ended... Got home around 4 and kept on drinking in order to avoid falling asleep. Headed to the bar with Brendan, and he was practically passing out in his beer because of his (polish the) Knob Creek Whisky he was drinking all day. (In honor of finishing his LSATs) Kari and Amber came over for a bit, and Ben and Drunk Matt stopped by. Played Mario Party and finally decided my bender was complete, since it was 2 am and I started at 7 am. It was a rough day.

Sunday: Wasn't feeling real great. Watched the Lions get robbed out of a win, then did some homework. I barely moved from the couch.

Monday: Watched a little bit of the Green Bay game, then we took Amber out at midnight for her 21st birthday to the Riv for "just one drink". One drink turned into three or four, aaaaaand then the bar closed. Real tired the next day.

Tuesday: Bit of homework, then we went to Crunchy's for a bucket to re-celebrate Amber's birthday. Got two buckets of Labatt's, and we all had a good time. It was me, Kari, Amber, Smatt, Brendan, Alise, Heather Lyon (my buddy) Heather 2 (Kari's friend :) Chris, Dave, and I think that was it. It was a good time, but once again, went out for a little longer than expected.

Wednesday: Worked for 10 and a half hours STRAIGHT!!! on this fucking project for my Urban Planning class. Granted it was pretty much my fault, for procrastinating for so long, it was still a huge pain in the ass. Had to go on the Census.gov website and look up all these stupid facts for Brighton AND the state of Michigan. Did you know there are 4,234,279 housing units in Michigan, and 10.6% of them are vacant? Me neither, before Wednesday.

Thursday: Went over to Kari’s buddy Heather’s apartment and played Waterfall, a really cool drinking with cards. It was me, Kari, Heather 2, Jeff and Casandra (can't beleive I remembered that) Chris, Katie, and Dave. Okay, here are the rules to Waterfall we used.

Shuffle the cards and mix ‘em up in a big pile in the middle. One person draws a card, you do that rule (explained below) then the next person draws a card, and you do that rule. Queen Master and Thumb Master continue through the turns until someone else draws a 5 or a queen. The rules are as follows...


RULES
2-4: (red) The card holder gets to distribute that number of drinks
2-4: (black) Card holder drinks that many
5: Thumb Master - Can put your thumb on the table, last one to do it drinks
6: Six is dicks, dudes drink
7: Seven is heaven, chicks drink
8: I’ve never - Say something you’ve never done, everyone who did it drinks
9: Social - WHOO HOO! EVERY DRINKS AND EVERYONE WINS!!!
10: Rule - Make up a rule (except you can’t say “you” or “I”, that rule doesn’t work :)
Jack: Rhyme - Say a word (except orange) and go to the left, rhyming it, cant think of a word that rhymes, you drink
Queen: Question Master - If they ask you a question, you have to respond with a question
King: Category - Say a category, go around until someone cant name one, they drink
Ace: Waterfall - Name of the game! Pick which way you go, the last person gets screwed. You all start drinking at the same time and can’t stop chugging until the person in front of you does



I had a good time, and wasn’t out too late, which was nice. Got some Menna’s, ate it, and crashed out. Woke up pretty early this morning and just kinda chilled before class. When I was walking to class, I was talking to Mother Nature, and she told me it's time to stop wearing sandles and start wearing shoes. She was a total bitch about it too!!! Got to class, and opened up my backpack to get a pen, and I found about 15 ketchup packets in the bag. For a moment, I didn't understand, but then I remembered why they were there. At Menna's Joing last night, I stole a bunch of ketchup packets so I don't actually have to buy a bottle of ketchup. Seemed like a good idea at the time, but hey, if I ever DO need ketchup, now I'm set!


You stay classy, San Diego.

~GT

3 Comments:

At 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that game, we call it Circle of Death though. We played that game for breakfast every day in Niagara Falls when we went for Memorial day this summer. The waterfalls part is now official tradition and we do it whenever we can! PS HI :-)

--Jessica H. from class

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger HippyMonkey said...

Yea, I've heard it called Circle of Death also. It was a fun game, can't wait to play it again.

~See ya on Tuesday

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Konrad said...

Hey dude, I love Big Lebowski!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home