Thursday, June 02, 2005

All work no play make Greg... something something

Hookahville Picture of the Day

Christine, Aaron, and myself happy after a light rain during Robert Randolph's set Posted by Hello

Quote of the Day
"I don't stand for the black man's side, I don' t stand for the white man's side.I stand for God's side."
~Bob Marley

Fact of the Day
If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.

Song of the Day
D'Angelo - Cruisin'


Yesterday was a loooooooooooooong day man. This work schedule is killing me, but I suppose it's my own fault for not taking a nap in the day or something. Class took forever yesterday. (because it was like 75 outside) Got outta class and Melissa dropped by, she had to pick up her paycheck so came out from B-town for a few mins. (Literally, minutes) After that threw some disc with Miggs and hit up the record shops with P-rizzy. There was this show, Code of the Cuts, where u walk in and theres a DJ with 2 turn tables bangin on wax. It was a cool shop, they had a vinyl there I think I need. Got outta there and cleaned up the apartment, took a shower, and got ready for my LONGEST night of work ever. Went into work at 9 to find out that I was EMPLOYEE OF THE WEEK and GOT A RAISE my FIRST WEEK AT WORK. Haha, that was all good, but then I quickly realized how exausted I was working. By 11:30, I was dead tired and not even half way through work. Plus the people I work with arent the sharpest crayons in the box (hence: I can be employee of the week my 1st week) so it took us until 3am to get the damn store closed. However, I got up for class today with no problems. (early even!) It's all good though, because all this work is goin to Bonnaroo, which is a good cause. Now I'm up getting ready for my Lab, man I can't beleive it's Thursday already. Feels like Tuesday or Wednesday. Working 10-5 tonight, def. gonna get some sleep before that one. Other than that, I'm almost through my Vonnegut collection of short stories, Welcome to the Monkey House and need suggestions on what to read next. (I was thinking some Vonnegut, Hunter S. Thompson, or Kerouac) I always fall asleep reading now, though, because I've been a little short on sleep. Well everybody, always remember...

Treat yourself and others with love and kindness, it will make all the difference


~GT

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home